Tuesday 16 December 2008

The view from here...

The view from here: Greystone Park, 06.15, Tuesday morning. Posted by
RA.

After five weeks of rumbling and growling, grey clouds and dry skies,
the rains have finally come to our part of Harare. When I woke this
morning the garden sparkled.

Yesterday evening Nicky and I spent a couple of hours starting the
process of packing. Our guest cottage is now littered with boxes,
tents, coffee mugs, inverters.. it's all about lists.

When I was a child we used to go on family camping holidays, mostly
in the Celtic fringe of the UK. I learned then from my Mother that
without a decent packing list the first time you realise what you
have left behind is when it is too late to do anything about it. Our
list at the moment is something of a work in progress - but it should
finalise in the next couple of days. At the moment it takes up eight
pages of A4. Yikes!

Five more days to go. There's a lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment