Saturday 7 March 2009

New Technologies

Bizarre though it may seem on a trans-Africa overland trip, one of Mands' goals for this trip is to become more computer literate (her being the only one of us grown-ups lucky enough to have a job that doesn't require her to sit in front of a computer from dawn to dusk!).

Last week she took delivery of a brand new laptop, over which she is slowly starting to assert a small degree of control. By the time we reach Cape Town, she'll be an old pro for sure! In the interim, however, there will inevitably be a few glitches. The e-mail below, which she meant to send privately to Robert but inadvertently posted on our blog site instead, may, I suspect, be one of them!

Personally, I take it as a sign that she's doing her utmost to become a technohead like the rest of us. But perhaps it's her way of subtly telling me that I won't actually be getting a Volcano stove for my birthday this year! Oh well, I have a few birthdays ahead of me yet.......

Gus XX

No comments:

Post a Comment